- Wash your hands frequently. Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose unless your hands are squeaky clean since bacteria which causes illness and viruses live for weeks on public surfaces.
- Bring along several packages of sanitizing wipes to disinfect your tray tables on the plane.
- Have your disinfecting wipes handy to use after you handle luggage, before you eat, after touching armrests, movie buttons or anything handled by others before you.
- Hydrate and eat well before and during the trip. Building up ones’ immune system is incredibly important to avoid colds and the flu. Vitamins, minerals, lots of fruit and vegetables and omega 3 rich foods all help strengthen the body and protect from inflammation.
- If possible, avoid sitting near passengers who are coughing and sneezing, since the infection is air-born.
- Get plenty of rest and avoid stress as much as you can. A relaxed body is less prone to illness.
- If you begin feeling symptoms, begin taking zinc lozenges, garlic and vitamin C pills at least 4 times a day. A kundalini yogi friend gave me a recipe which seems to nip a cold in the bud:
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- ¼ cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or Tabasco sauce
Bring the water to boil, combine with apple cider vinegar, add honey and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Top off with lemon. Take a deep breath of the mixture and drink.
Once on the ship you’ll be provided with small containers of liquid disinfectant which is found in the entrance to every room and corridor. Make certain to use it as much as possible and wash your hands before meals. This will ascertain your Kosher vacation will be a joyful one.